Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Visual:Randomness

Greetings Dear Friends.

It's been a hectic couple of weeks. ...not to mention COLD. How cold??
Photobucket
yeah...about THAT cold!!! No sense in complaining though. This is the North East and this is (was!!) February. Let's just hope that Old Man Winter is growing tired of our neck of the woods.

In random news: Here's a shot from the inside of the train station in Philadelphia:
Photobucket

I had a chance to catch up with my good friends Erich Camping & Gary Ventura last week. They say that you're only as good as the company that you keep. If that's true, then I guess that I'm doing pretty darn good. We talked for hours but only decided to break out the cameras in the last 20 minutes. Here's Erich outside of his studio in Anderson Alley:
Photobucket

and Erich again...handsome gent isn't he?
Photobucket

and Gary shooting Erich 'one light' style. I look forward to seeing you guys again next week for another installment of Tricky Lighting Tuesdays. good times.
Photobucket

I also had an opportunity to discuss life and the big picture over graham crackers with Mr. Hendrick Haymon recently.
Photobucket

Photobucket

And hang out with the incredibly talented, firey and lovely Miss Helen Bravenec. Helen is a recent graduate of Eastman School of Music and is auditioning for major orchestras all across the country. We took an afternoon to hang out at one of my favorite (indoor) spots in Rochester...The Village Gate.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

kelli and I spent some time playing with light. She's patient and curious, not to mention enormously talented. Here are a few of my creations...
Photobucket

Photobucket

...and that just about sums it up.

I'll leave you now with a quote from the mega-awesome-amazing Annie Leibovitz:

"The difference in my pictures is that I was not afraid to fall in love with my subjects."

All the Best,
t

9 comments:

kelli marsh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kelli marsh said...

BRRRRRR...i feel cold all over again! thankfully warmer weather and sunnier days are just around the corner!

Unknown said...

Nice work brother! Maybe this Tuesday we can bounce some flash of my shinny head, and get that nice amber light!?!

Unknown said...

beautiful shots tommy. the first one is amazing...and it looks like you got that light thing down pretty well...

Andres said...

Hey man great shots! looking forward to shooting with you and kenny next month!

David Burke said...

Erich is a handsome lad indeed!
Looking forward to hanging out in Vegas! Keep Rockin and travel safely.

David

Frank DiMeo said...

Looks great Bud!
I will have to come to Ra cha cha to hang with you guys, sooner than later I hope.

Much fun, and safe travels to Vegas, wish I was coming along too.

Shyla said...

I LOOOOOOVE that quote!
Thats perfect. :)

Anonymous said...

Funny cold picture and nice gummblow.

Still hungover from Vegas?

Here's a quote for you: "I looked in the wisdom category, and didn't find anything."