Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Monday, May 21, 2007

A Belated Mother's Day Post for My Mom...

Il Vagabondo - The Vagabond...

My mother has been calling me this for as long as I can remember. Still, regardless of where I was or what I was doing, mom was always home. Eternally supportive...she encouraged me to take chances, to explore the possibilities, to develop on my own terms. And now that I am older I realize that she, herself, was developing through it all. She was growing up as we were...taking cues from her surroundings and blossoming into an amazing woman. Not a perfect woman...an amazing one.

Everyone who meets my mom falls for her immediately. I always thought that this was because she is smart and pretty and independent and fun and all of those things that you admire about other people. But it's more than that...and I realize this now. It's because she listens as well as she speaks. She listens because she wants to learn from you...to grow from you. She realizes that each life is a story and that all people contribute something unique to this world. She encourages individuality and self-expression. She encourages you being you...cause when it really comes down to it, who better can you be??

So Mamma, on this Mother's Day I wish the World back to you...knowing that that's all you've ever wished for me. You are a blessing...and my most cherished possession.

Here are some photos from Mother's Day Brunch last Sunday...what a great day it was!!

Ti voglio tutto bene,
t

Here she is...my mom, Alessandra
group shot courtesy of Kelli Marsh
Kelli and her mom, Anita sneak a laugh while Ali sneaks a smooch.
muhhhhaa...
Kelli & a gelled flash in extreme close-up vision
ay, oh...who's this guy??

In other news...

Leaving for Cabo San Lucas this Wednesday for Lori & Erik's Wedding. It's a tough job, but somebody's gotta do it!! Word is that the weather should be better than perfect...I am so excited!!

I shot an amazing wedding this past weekend with my good friend and inspiration Erich Camping. He invited along another photographer, Amanda Padgham, who was an absolute joy. Amanda is a children's portrait photographer working in the Rochester area. She has an amazing spirit and is extremely passionate about her work. Great working with you Amanda...I hope that we can do it again in the future. The wedding was at a quaint little Bed and Breakfast in Canandaigua. The guests were extremely fun and the bride and groom were stunning!! A whole-hearted thank you to Rachel and Brian for having us along. I'll be posting soon with some previews.

Remember to subscribe to the blog if you get a chance...the more the merrier.

Happy Days All.

Best,
t

3 comments:

kelli marsh said...

You shine just like she does. The Flint family...some of the most wonderful people I've ever known. Thank you mama Flint!

Anonymous said...

grazie, grazie mille mio piccolo vagabondo.
what you said went straight to my heart and filled me with gratitude...so much that it would be impossible to find the right set of words...
yes, we have grown together indeed...all of us...into one amazing family (with one amazing dog)
i am so proud of you. so very proud.
ti voglio tanto bene,
la tua mamma

Anonymous said...

why is there no picture of me on this thing?