Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dinosaur BBQ @ an Engagement Party?? SWEET!!!

Hello Bloggers and Blog-ettes,

Things are hectic over here at flint studios. It's been an awesome year so far and somehow, it just keeps getting better!! I hope that you are all enjoying your summer as well.

When I first met with Nate & Estelle, they told me straight off that they needed a photographer who was willing to shoot a casual engagement party this summer in addition to their more traditional plans for an upcoming Wedding in May 2008. "A casual engagement party, huh?? What's on the menu??", I asked. I knew upon hearing their response that this was an engagement party not to be missed!! For those of you who are familiar, the Dinosaur BBQ is about the best BBQ that you can get in this neck of the woods. If you're ever in town, let me know, I WILL TAKE YOU...YOU WONT BE SORRY!! (I am silently hoping that some of you will respond with bbq joints from your towns that put the dino to shame. Are you out there Craig Davis, Andy Peterson, Mike Norwood?? Speak up!!.) As if that wasn't enough...Magic Hat #9 ROCKS!! Pretty perfect summertime beer. Pretty perfect summertime afternoon.

Thanks to the Weldon and Tickle families for being so gracious. To Estelle and Nate for entrusting me with you memories, and to Kelli Marsh who worked off every BBQ induced calorie by giving 152% of herself. I was going to say 147%, but the pulled pork and cornbread added an extra 5%!!!

We arrived hungry...fired up and hungry...The dogs smelled something good. Check out those tongues!!


mmmm...beer.
...wait for it...
YES!!!
after grub, it was out for some snaps with these righteous party planners.


Thanks again guys, it was a blast!!

So is anyone going to give me some leads on hot bbq joints?? I travel quite a bit these days and need to know what I need to know!!! Sound off!! ...oh, and if you want to subscribe...there's a fancy little 'subscribe' box along the upper right side of the page. Good times, i tell ya!!

Best,
t

1 comment:

Michael Norwood said...

As much as I would like to give you the scoop on awesome bbq here in the OC, I'm sorry to say I can't. Being from Texas has ruined me and no other bbq can hold a candle. If you're ever in Texas though, I can tell you about bbq joints that will CHANGE YOUR LIFE!