Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Crunching the Numbers

9.1.2007


1 day
2 cultures
2 ceremonies
4 locations
5 wardrobe changes
3 photographers
5 cameras
4,000 + images
250 guests
100,000 smiles
50,000 tears (of joy)
2 souls very much in tune
1 amazing couple =
1 heck of a day


That’s how it went down when Thurka and James tied the knot in Rochester on a picture perfect Saturday in September.


The day was split into 6 stages:


-Preparations for the Catholic Ceremony at the Strathallan Hotel on East Avenue in Rochester (James comes from a Catholic background).
-A Catholic Ceremony at the spectacular Saint Michael’s Church on North Goodman St.
-Cocktail Hour at the Rochester Museum & Science Center.
-Preparations for the Hindu Ceremony back at the Strathallan (Thurka comes from a -Hindu background).
-Hindu Ceremony at the Science Center.
-Reception at the Science Center.


Whew…what an experience it was! I knew that I had to bring my A-game so I brought along two of the best. Thank you a million times over to Erich Camping and Kelli Marsh for providing me with your talent, energy, concentration, support, sanity, inspiration and of course, mind-blowing imagery. I love you both dearly.


And to Thurka and James…YOU DID IT!!! I told you that it was no sweat! Seriously though, your love and devotion is unparalleled. On behalf of myself and the crew, I want to thank you for granting us the honor of documenting your day. It was unforgettable. Lots of love for a very long time.


So...
A long day deserves a long blog post, right?!? I'll forewarn you...this is a loooong one. So settle in and get fired up!!! Enjoy guys...I'd love to hear feedback, preferably positive but constructive is acceptable!!


I'll kick it off with one of my favorites of the day, and perhaps the season so far. You know what they say, you can dress them up...


Here are some details from St. Michael's. It was majestic!

Kelli caught the image below during rehearsal. So great Kel. Rock star...like Brett Michaels caliber rock star shot!



...and so it begins...









The following sequence comes from three different vantage points, by three photographers, using 5 cameras to capture the same moment. Pretty wicked job guys.

\\\
























Here's a shot worth sharing. Never mind the crazy looking guy on the left...who invited THAT guy?? What's important here are the two folks in the middle who are two of the realest, kindest, most dedicated people that I know. With all that I am, I am grateful for you both. Oh, and it's also important to note the girl in the green dress in the background who's giving a thumbs up in the distance. That's a riot!!!
All the Best,
t

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I mean really amazing! Your best work my friend! It was a blast!

Tiffany Aicklen said...

WOW! How fun, great job Tom, seriously . . . you never cease to amaze! Miss ya!

kelli marsh said...

Putting my shots to 80's rock-god Bret Michael's level? Now that's a HUGE compliment!

mandyleigh said...

OK, I can't take it anymore. You kids are having way to much fun for me not to be a part of. The pics are great, but the last one I adore the most!

Unknown said...

Tom, Erich and Kelli... we could not have asked for anything more... not only did you capture the moments brilliantly... your professionalism, patience and style were amazing (and deeply appreciated). You did not simply photograph our wedding... you were an integral and indispensable part of the wedding celebration.

Our deepest gratitude goes out to each of you!

Wishing you all the best,
James and Thurka