Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Destination: Asheville

Hey Hey!!

October is quickly coming to an end and thus concluding one heck of a two-month stint. Last stop before some much needed down-time...Asheville, North Carolina for my good buddy Corey McNabb's Rockstar Wedding Photography Workshop. My flight out here left super early Sunday morning which was bittersweet in that I had to get out of bed early (bitter) but I got to see the sunrise from 30,000 ft. (sweet) and arrived in Asheville early in the afternoon, which gave us time to go exploring (sweet). Corey, myself and my new photog buddies Amber Holritz and Zac Thomas loaded up in Corey's budget automobile and took a cruise along the majestic Blue Ridge Parkway. It was a beautiful afternoon spent with beautiful people. I'm really excited for this experience. Here are some pics from that morning and afternoon. The first two were captured using my state of the art cell phone camera:this one i call slanted sunrise #4...






what are they shooting at???

Tara Jordan put on a killer opening party at Corey's Studio. Her attention to detail was impeccable. She even brought in a rock n roll "rockstar" ice sculpture for a centerpiece...it was rad!!!

Looks like Parker Pfister is ready to get into the vino! This could spell trouble.

Time for fun with ice. Here's Sophia Jekic giving me the googley eye.


I told you that this could spell trouble! What is up with this??
This last one is worth sharing. It's from this afternoon's modeling session at the Asheville Botanical Gardens. I decided to go with the ol' lensbaby to shake things up a bit. A big thank you to Jon Leidel and the lovely Anna for giving us so much of yourselves during this shoot.
That's all for now. I hope that this finds you all well.

All the Best,
t

3 comments:

Holritz Photography said...

Love that shot of Corey with the ice. Made me laugh out loud... and I shouldn't be laughing out loud right now :)

Glad to be hanging with you!!!!!!!

Looking forward to many more hangouts in the future!

a

Jill McNabb said...

Tom,
You ROCK! I'm so glad you made it out for Corey's workshop and that we finally got to meet in person. Can't wait to get you back in Asheville soon.
Jill

kelli marsh said...

The last pic is really hot. I'm so glad you had a blast, but happier that you're home!