Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

somebody's getting married

Greetings Friends,

Nostalgia. It's finally starting to sink in. My little sister - my dear baby sister - is getting married. This can't be! Is it possible that the same little tomboy with scraped knees and over-sized glasses has grown into a woman...a woman with all of the vivacity, wit and beauty that is woman??

It is possible.

And I'm freekin pumped for her!!!

Ali has always been my best friend, biggest fan and harshest critic. I can't image me being me without Ali being in there somewhere. I am so proud of who she is.
She is:
patient.
sincere.
genuine.
honest.
articulate.
strong.
kind.
beautiful.
(insert your favorite Ali adjective here).
...

In Jay she has found a good man. A rock. If there is one thing that I know about Jay, it's that he really does adore my sister. In all the time that I have spent with him, he has never been anything short of a prince.

These are two lucky people to have found one-another. I am one lucky guy to bear witness to it all. There is no doubt that the universe is unfolding exactly as it should. Smiles and sunshine for many years to come.

For their Save the Date cards we went with the high contrast b&w photo booth-sign theme. You have to image this as a thin strip with a front and back. I laid them out side by side for the sake of the web and dropped a texture for the 'awww' factor:
Photobucket
...and yes, they are getting married at a place called Beaver Hollow. The name, fortunately, does absolutely no justice to the site...it really is stunning.

Have a great time on your pre-wedding trip to Italy guys. The stress will be here waiting when you get back. ;-)

next installment coming soon.
much love dear friends,
t

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome! I love it! Ali and Jason are very lucky to have you as well on thier side! This is really cool! I love it!
your pal,
JZ

Unknown said...

tommy. you are the bestest friend.brother.confidant.photographer EVER. thank you for saying all those wonderful things about me but truth is, all i ever wanted to be was like my big brother, my role model. and thank you for shooting these pictures and putting them together, it came out awesome and we had so much fun doing this with you -- i can't say it enough, you are the most talented guy there is and being a subject of your work was, and is, an honor. so thank you thank you thank you. i love you. we love you.

.:tomas flint:. said...

We could go back and forth on this for days Ali. 'You're the best, no...you're the best'. etc. etc. I am so happy for you!!!

Unknown said...

I cannot believe how perfectly this captures Ali and Jay. Great job Tom portraying an amazing couple!

kelli marsh said...

i knew they'd like each other...i just had no idea how much. i've never seen jay smile as much as he has since ali came into his life. these are perfect and amazing.