Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Sunbursts & Cherry Trees

Greetings Dear Friends,

I awoke this morning to a gray sky. Put off by a lingering feeling of blah, I decided to roll over and attempt to snag a few more moments of precious zzzz's. This, of course, proved useless as my mind quickly entered into 'think' mode and reminded me that I had left my Jeep outside with the windows open the night before. Frustrated and somewhat vex, I kicked off the sheets and headed outside rectify the situation. Sliding open the door to my back shed:

Photobucket

...an unexpected sunburst blinded me as I passed my lone cherry tree and I felt immediately at ease. It was just what I needed, although at the time I had no idea that I had needed anything at all.

This brought to mind a quote by the great author Aldous Huxley:
"Happiness is not achieved by the conscious pursuit of happiness; it is generally the by-product of other activities."

I interpret this as saying that life will give us exactly what we need exactly when we need it, our duty is to be present enough in our moment to recognize its presence in our world. Does that make any sense?? Maybe I'm rambling...maybe I just at to many cherries today.

Speaking of which, they say that life isn't a bowl of cherries. Well today was...and I'm holding out hope that tomorrow will be the same.

Photobucket

love.laughter.light.
t

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALI
(I am so proud of you, and all that you are)

2 comments:

Corey McNabb said...

Yummy!!

Unknown said...

who knew so much magic could appear right outside the door of that little old shed??!! thanks for the images, good thoughts and birthday wishes!!