Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Gratitude - Anton Lorimer - Lorimer Works

Hello Dear Friends,

So the big push is on. Yes indeed, the .:tomas flint photographers:. rebranding effort is in full swing. This all began months ago when I arrived at the realization that it was time to loosen the reigns and invite individuals into the organization to breathe new life into what was beginning to feel stale. I finally accepted that I simply could not be all things and that the strength of many is so much more significant than that of one. ...and I am ecstatic to report that what (and more specifically who) I've discovered along the way has enhanced not only my work and my approach to it, but my life as a whole. This influx of creative energy has benefited my entire existence, recharged my batteries and re-affirmed that I am on the right path.

Over the next few blog posts, I intend to pay tribute to those who have enhanced this experience by virtue of their honesty, enthusiasm and creativity. I am doing this in NO particular order as it would be impossible to rank their contributions.

Anton Lorimer - videographer/editor/producer/genius/father/husband/friend
www.lorimerworks.com

Anton and I met in San Francisco back in June of this year. I was "west-coastin' it" to work with my friends Ann Hamilton and Joel Serrato on a wedding in San Jose that week. Already being a fan of Anton's work, I was pleased to discover that he was, in person, everything that I wished he would be. We were introduced via Ann & the fabulous Gene Higa and the rest is, as they say, history. Anton exceeds expectations. Anton is the uber. I simply cannot say enough. What we forged over the next few months was more than just hours upon hours of footage...we forged a significant bond. I thank you Anton, for your dedication to this project, for your numerous edits and for simply being you.

Anton's production is featured at the top of the blog and will be for the next couple of weeks. Check it out if you have a spare 3 and a half minutes. It won't hurt...much :) And if you're a photographer considering a video element for your business, feel free to contact me. I like to talk :)

Thanks for checking in friends. ...and thank you for the wonderful feedback. You've given me a case of perma-grin. This entry wouldn't be complete without sending a shout out to Lindsey Thorne, Traci LaVallee-Snodgrass and Brendan Snodgrass. Thank you all for being yourselves and allowing me to see it.

Here's to a New Year filled with love.laughter.light
t
Destination Wedding Photographer who is so darn thankful

2 comments:

Regis said...

Hey Tomas, great stuff! Glad to see you kicking butt!

Anonymous said...

TFLINT- This is SWEEEEEET!!! Diesel is going to be seriously jealous. You my friend are a ROCKSTAR!