Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Imagine all the People

Hello Friends,

This past December 8th marked the 28th anniversary of untimely passing of the extraordinary yet altogether ordinary poet, musician, philosopher, activist, hero, villain, beatle, human being...John Lennon. John was many things. Regardless of whether those were right or wrong, good or bad, he was EXACTLY what he said he was. Simply a dude with a very thin protective coating, blessed with the spirit of wonder and a penchant for articulating his life experience in a way that anyone could understand. This is not to discount his genius (as it is indisputable), but moreso to point out that greatness walks amongst us. In fact, greatness lives within each and every one of us. It is finding the courage to broadcast that which we possess that prevents us from believing in our own potential. ...and the world from appreciating it! John was beautiful and so are all of you my dear friends. Beautiful just as you are. Bursting with potential.

So...

I played hookie for a good portion of that day to listen to some of John's music, read up on old interviews and play some of the tunes that inspired me to begin my musical journey. I wanted to share a few of those with you. Now even though they display no greatness in any way, they sure do beat the heck out of working :) I hope that you enjoy...or at least don't throw tomatoes at your monitor...





"Time that you enjoyed wasting was not wasted."
-John Lennon

Thanks for stopping by friends. I hope that this finds you all well.

love.laughter.light
t
Rochester Wedding Photographer in need of a voice coach

10 comments:

Christine said...

Thanks so much for sharing that - it is always so wonderful to hear you play! Fabulous!

kelli marsh said...

rockstar. don't ever stop singing.

Anonymous said...

I remember the day John Lennon died. I was just in grade school. After his death, I started to play guitar. All Beatles tunes. Hard to believe Lennon's been gone for so many years, yet he's still so alive in so many hearts around the world. Great tribute, Tomas! Happy Holidays!

Corey McNabb said...

Love it, Yo!

.:tomas flint:. said...

you guys are great! thanks for shouting out...you've made my day :)

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! Love the promo vid. You are an inspiration to all! :)

Anonymous said...

Great to see Anton captured the true you through this video ;)

Hopefully we will work together again sooner than later ;)

Joel
Joel Serrato Films

RosieHernandez said...

I'm speechless. So much creativity coming out from just one... are you human? LOL
I just discovered you and... I envy you, I admire you and for sure... I'll stalk your art.
Best wishes,
Rosie :)

Armin DeFiesta said...

Very nice Tomas! Video is a good thing, helps bridge that gap of uncertainty between shooter & client. Works for me!

Anonymous said...

Tomas,
Was browsing the web and came across your name twice today...once here then On facebook...since i do not believe in coincidences I know i must leave you a message...Love LOVE john Lennon and his message of love, peace and spiritual enlightenment.
Your a talented guitarist and even though you claim to need a voice coach, I felt you handled the songs rather well!
Have a Wonderful New year and hope to see you at WPPI sometime!
Blessings,
Elena Hernandez