Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Scrubs Debacle

Hello Dear Friends,

While in LA some time ago, I had the opportunity to spend an afternoon on the set of Scrubs in North Hollywood. Somewhere along the way, mashed between meeting the crew (Zack, Sarah and guest star Keri Russell, to name a few :]) and touring the set, I was spontaneously thrust into the roll of 'Bar Scene Extra'.

What followed was far and away the worst display of extra acting in the history of Hollywood. A complete and utter disaster proving beyond a shadow of a doubt that my place is on the other side of the camera lens.

Recently, Anton Lorimer edited some of those excruciating moments into a short video clip. Take a look but be sure that you're not drinking or eating anything, as uncontrollable laughter and mockery may result. Special thanks to my man Devin Mahoney for the experience that day...and I once again apologize for the embarrassment that I caused when they called you into the editing room to explain why you let me loose!!! goodtimes :)




...ri-donk-u-lous.

love.laughter.light
t
(tomas flint photographer - and I stress PHOTOGRAPHER)

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was pretty entertaining Tom. LOL. way to go! your pal Devin Mahoney is probably across the hall from me... that's where the production offices are anyway for 'Better off Ted'. i'm On 'War of Gods'. hope you're doing well my talented friend!

Shyla said...

YAY! two of my fav people in one clip! Jd and Tommy... :)
So great to hug your mug in Vegas... A few of the ladies and I couldnt stop talking about how wonderfully classy you are... thanks for being so awesome my friend!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I remember you telling me about this a while back; so cool to finally see the clip! Not sure why you were the extra, though. You clearly have lots of star appeal! :) Great seeing you in Vegas. Who else would Gene and I share a rollercoaster ride with?! Much love, dear friend.

Anonymous said...

You are such a freakin' ROCK STAR! Or, perhaps, MOVIE STAR! :) That's hilarious, man.

Anonymous said...

amazing work Tom. you are the best beer drinker i have ever seen! what a cool experience.

kristieblake said...

your expression is priceless...were u really chatting or having a faux conversation...
thanx for sharing this....lol

carla ten eyck said...

was that real beer? If not then you were really a great actor, bc I really really thought it was real.

you are SO good!

Gustavo said...

Flippin classic!

Garrett Nudd Photography Blog said...

ROTFLOL!!!!! That's awesome! Have you been nominated yet? I think you're a shoe-in for the award!

Rock on.