Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Saturday, May 9, 2009

The Arrival of Baby Luca

Greetings Dear Friends,

When Kelli Marsh asked me to tag along for an arrival celebration at the Rochester International Airport, I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. All that I knew was that a young couple from Rochester had flown out to Ethiopia to adopt and bring home their baby boy. Armed with that knowledge and an open heart, I embarked upon a truly unique and shockingly beautiful experience. What awaited was a joy so powerful, so pure and unfiltered that it shook me to the very core. The reception of family and friends was so genuine and intense that it made fighting back the tears an exercise in futility. I am not ashamed to say that I was one hot mess :)

The following are some of the images gathered from that unforgettable day. I believe that they speak for themselves, so I will shut up now. An extra special thank you to Kelli Marsh and the Luciano family for inviting me along on an experience that sent my heart soaring. Be sure to swing by Kelli's Blog for more images from this beautiful day.

If you're looking for more information on Adoption Services, you can visit the Better Future Adoption Services (BFAS) by clicking here. In-Joy my friends:

Luca Arrives

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thank you for spending your time with me friends. New posts coming soon, so be sure to stop on by :)

love.laughter.light
t
(Rochester NY Photographer who is so lucky...so freekin lucky)

3 comments:

La Luz Photography said...

Hey there,
I came across your blog through ISPWP (I am a fellow member), and I just wanted to tell you that this post brought me to tears. What a phenomenal job you did capturing these most precious moments.

Job very well done!
Aly
La Luz Photography, Seattle, WA

Amie Wagner said...

As a clinical social worker, I counseled many children with no families, no support system, no one who cared enough to hang their picture on the wall. I still provide group therapy to these kids so adoption is very dear to my heart. I have witnessed how much it can change a life. How wonderful that this experience meant so much to you & Kelly and now you are sharing it with others through your words & pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Christine said...

aww wow!! this was so inspiring and there is so much emotion in your photos. please keep up the good work and i will keep following you!