Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Elevate 2

So this past week I got an email from my good friend Garrett Nudd. Something to the effect of "Hey tomas...hope you're well...it's been over a month since elevate 2 and I'm still waiting to see the images you captured." "Wow", I thought..."it couldn't have possibly have been a month ago!!" Truth is that it's been over 6 weeks already!!! Incredible how the time gets away from you.

So what is elevate 2 (you may be wondering)?? Elevate 2 was a gathering of some of the industry's most promising up and comers. For three days, we talked shop, photographed beautiful people in beautiful places and got each other fired up about what we do. It was bliss!! Elevate 2 was held in Orlando, Florida and hosted by the incredibly gracious and talented husband and wife team of Garrett and Joy Nudd. Their attention to detail was unmatched...nothing was overlooked. And the supporting cast...a virtual who's who of the biz. A very special thanks to Gene Higa and Ann Hamilton, who came in from San Francisco to spread their infectiously good groove. To Mr. Zack Arias, who is one of the most accessible, down-to-earth guys I have ever met. To Curt Littlecott for opening up his studio to us. I cannot describe how inspired I felt to be in his presence in the environment that he created. If you're ever in the Orlando area, look up Nu Visions Photography and pop into their studio/gallery...you won't be sorry. Thanks to Lori Barberly for taking the time out of her day to hang w us. To Andrew and Rachel from LaCour in Atlanta who came to demo the exciting new Shoot Q that they have so brilliantly been manufacturing over the past few years. Congrats guys...all the best! And to all of the attendants...onward and upward. STAY FIRED UP!!

If you're a photographer...I don't care what you have to do...get to Elevate. Dooooo it. You won't be sorry.





Here are some snaps from Zack Arias' One Light Workshop. The tagline for One-Light..."Better Living Through Lighting". How great is that?!?!? Those of you who know me know that I'm a closet lighting freak. This year has been huge for me as I have begun to incorporate more lighting into my events. Workshops like Zack's have given me the confidence to do so. Thanks again bro...you keep doing what you're doing and you will have your Rolling Stone cover. No doubt.




Thanks for reading guys!!!

be well,
t

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great shots!

regina holder said...

Niiiicccce shots! Thanks for all your help during the late night editing. I haven't done mine yet either - where does time go? That's tomorrow's official project. I have a sweet shot to send you. Hope we cross paths again soon!

peace and happiness!
regina

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Tomas!