Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

one big set of hills behind, one big set of hills ahead.

I'm on the run again tomorrow. A week long journey in the Colorado Rockies.

...but not before I pay homage to another great set of hills right here in New York State. Growing up in Utica, NY, the Adirondacks were where we went. Skiing, hiking, bonfire singalongs...you name it. The Adirondack Mountains have played host to some of the best times of my life, and I'm always jazzed to get an opportunity to get back there. Kelly and Jim's Inlet wedding was no disappointment. A laid back weekend with some laid back folk. Really kind and gracious folk. A giant thank you to the super-talented Kelli Marsh who came along and gave 127% of herself. You rock.

...and to Kelly and Jim. What can I possibly say?? You guys are awesome. the awesome-ist, in fact. It was truly an honor to be a part of this:















Many years filled with happiness you two.

In other news...

My good friend Corey McNabb is hosting the first ever "Backstage Pass - Rockstar Wedding Photography" Workshop this upcoming October. I met Corey at Mike Colon's workshop a while back and he said that someday he'd host his own. Well, someday has come. Corey's a fantastic guy and a blast to be around. If we're lucky he may even show us a few of his late nite 'wppi only' dance moves!! That alone is worth the price of admission!!! Seriously though, if you're a photographer who's serious about moving your business to the next level, Corey is willing and able to help you do so.

...oh and speaking of business developments. I've given new classification to my shooting style. The catch is that you have to go to my site to find out more. I'll write about it in length when my fingers aren't so tired. Comments and suggestions are encouraged.

Alright...so I can't fit any of my lightstands in my suitcase. Guess I need to start thinking about a plan B. 7 hours before flight time...I really should be going.

All the Best,
t

5 comments:

Corey McNabb said...

Dude, thanks!! I hope you can make it down. We'll have a blast!

kennykimdotcom said...

Thats for the shout out Tomas! You rock. These pics are tight. :-)

Anonymous said...

The decision has been made, and I'm going to work on my RockStar status with my backstage pass. Are you coming too? Can't wait to see you again!

Tiffany Aicklen said...

Love these shots Tom! Such creativity! Great job.

Chicago Wedding Photojournalist said...

Names are bogus......

The behind the back bouquet shot is not!

Whatever