Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Back to Earth

Hey Everybody!!!

I returned to Rochester Friday night concluding a whirlwind tour that brought me through 3 countries, 8 cities, 5 weddings, countless shoots and even more hotel rooms & complimentary shampoo and conditioner bottles. Needless to say, I am psyched to be home sleeping in my own bed!!!

My shooting schedule is slowing down considerably in November so I am devoted to marathon photo processing and blogging to get you all caught up on what's been going on. My goal: at least 3 blogs per week during the month of November. There is no particular order or theme to these blogs, just random visual ramblings of images and insights that I've picked up along the way. As an incentive to my loyal friends (and readers), I am running an itunes gift card giveaway to the reader who is most interactive during this marathon. That's right, a $20 itunes gift card to whomever is most present (via comments) during the month of November. So get fired up y'all...leave your comments, send your shoutouts. ...this is gonna rock!!!

First things first...
Seeing as how I've just returned from the Rockstar Wedding Photography Workshop hosted by Corey McNabb in Asheville, NC, I will start there. My last post covered the arrival and first day there, this one tells the rest. It was such a great week...I was bummed to wake up this morning and not have it to look forward to.

Day one was an e-shoot with photographer Jon Leidel and his girlfriend Anna. It took place in the Botanical Gardens in Asheville. Thank you guys for your patience and energy...it was such a great afternoon:
tired photogs heading back to camp after a long afternoon (except for Sophia that is...she still has some spring in her step!!).
The next day was a wedding-type shoot at the fabulous Biltmore Estates in Asheville...the largest residence in the USA. If you haven't been to the Biltmore, do it and follow the link above to learn more before you go. It's easy to get lost!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Adam Linke was fired up!!!
...and so was Larry Crandall.
Jeremy Russell looked dashing in gate-framed 80's glory. What a handsome fella.
a special thanks to Hadley and Kevin for all of their hard work. You guys are stunning!
Wednesday brought about the night shoot. What a blast we had wandering around downtown Asheville on Halloween looking for light. A big shout out to Eric and Courtney for being out models that night.
Thursday was suprise headshot day.
Here's my new photog friend and fellow rockstar, Elizabeth Myers.

Ty Miller. Check out the amazing slideshow that Ty put together from the workshop.
Jon Sanderson
Christy Hatley
Sophia Jeckic
Amber Holritz
Amber again!!
my headshot taken by the talented Amber Holritz
time to move on...plane shot taken on my cell phone just before takeoff from Asheville.
another cell phone shot from inside the Charlotte Airport during layover.
and this one wraps it all up. An enthusiastic 'welcome home' from a boisterous troupe of boy scouts at the Rochester Airport. It was quite the homecoming!!!
There are some workshop buddies who are not mentioned above. My apologies for not having photos...but here are links.

Aaron Hogsed
Regina Holder
Vicki Kendall
Jill Schwarzkopf
Zac Thomas
Christine Tremoulet
...all awesome photographers...all awesome people.

Alright, so there is #2 of the November Blog Marathon...check back often. I hope that this finds you all well.

All the Best,
t

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom!

What fun we had!! The workshop just wouldn't have been the same without you. I get the feeling that a good time follows you wherever you go! Seriously, you really enriched my entire week, and were so generous with all of your experience and knowledge. Thanks a ton for being an all around great guy!! :)

I'm still not home in my own bed, (out to the SC coast, currently crabbing some wifi in a Holiday Inn parking lot because MY resort doesn't have any!) isn't life on the go fun? rrrr

Love ya!

Sophia

kennykimdotcom said...

man sounds like you had a crazy oct/nov! :-) I'm sure you learned a ton!

Elizabeth said...

Tom! So far you're winning the Elizabeth Myers Head Shot Quest Contest!! Love it!

I was so intimidated by all the great photography I saw last week from you and all the other Rockstars at the workshop (wrokshop). I feel challenged now to really work on my skills and style, just hoping to live up to the Rockstar legacy! I will enjoy following your career in Destination Weddings -- I'm sure the recent coverage will just be the first of many. Keep in touch!

kelli marsh said...

Though i wasn't there to see it, I envision you walking through the line of boyscouts giving high five's all around. Tell me I'm not right.

Anonymous said...

It was SO awesome to get a chance to hang out with you! Twice in one year ... SWEET!

Best wishes to you in the future. Looks like I might get a trip to Italy after all next year for a wedding -- I'll keep you posted! :-)

.:tomas flint:. said...

Such an honor to meet and spend time with all of you. I cannot say it enough...if there's anything that I can ever do for any of you, please do not hesitate.
...and if anyone wants a digital copy or print of their headshot, shoot me a msg and I'll get it over to you asap.
Smiles and Sunshine,
t

jeremy russell said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
jeremy russell said...

I had begun to realize what a mistake it was to give away my top secret uncomfortable 80's bridal poses for free when you showed them here at the studio...

But now on your blog too?... You'll be hearing from my many attorneys.

Other than that, however, it really was great meeting you!

hadleygoodman said...

Love the images. It was great meeting you and it was so fun being your models. We would love to see more of your images from that day if you ever post them anywhere. Thanks!
Hadley

Anonymous said...

Yo!! These images rock...you rock! When is the Flintastic Workshop!?!

kelli marsh said...

the flintastic workshop...brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelli... You can't double post. You're just trying to get that Itunes card...It's mine!! Look out for The Camplete Photo Workshop!!

kelli marsh said...

i had to, i was inspired! oh no, that's 3 now...

Anonymous said...

Is there a limit to how many times we can post on one post? And how come Sophia has commented on EVERY other blog but mine? My feelings are hurt.

So it is the end of November, and I am going to have to hustle to get that gift card. Hmmmmm...

Hey, guess what? I might be going to ITALY in April to shoot a wedding! SQUEEEEEE!!! I'm going to have to talk to you to get some tips. We'll be in Rome if I go...

aaron said...

No pictures of me?? May all your kids be born naked!.... Hey whats up? What actions did you use on the biltmore house photo on this post? looks cool.