Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Sunday, December 9, 2007

A celebration for Tony Cavagnaro.

Greetings.


For those of you who knew Tony Cavagnaro, you knew what it felt like to be in his presence. He had a special energy about him. It was inviting, comforting, infectious. He was one of the good ones and his presence on this earth is missed dearly.

His spiritual presence though, is still very much alive as evidenced by the huge crowd that gathered at Water Street Music Hall in Rochester to celebrate his life. It was a day drenched in emotions. Most specifically, hope.

"I come from love, I live with love, I speak of love and I will leave with love."


Tony once sang those words to us. On that night, we got to sing them back to him.

Rest in Peace, my brother.


You can click here to read the City Newspaper review of the event.

...and here to read my previous post about Tony.


Here are some snaps from the celebration. It was such a thrill to be on stage with the band that night. They were so fired up!


Just before leaving, with some images that I donated to the Silent Auction.



The Silent Auction tables were packed full!!! So many people were so generous.

Rick Whitney-Kivett with his face in the sun.

Rob Cullivan returned to Rochester to MC the event. Over 15 bands performed throughout the day. I had another small shoot that day and had to miss most of the afternoon and evening...
...but I did make it back for the Buddhahood show...just barely!












Thanks again to my brothers and sisters in the Buddhahood. I am forever grateful.

Keep your eyes peeled for more bloggy-ish adventures coming soon!!!

My best to you all,
t

4 comments:

kennykimdotcom said...

This is a sweet post. I'm glad you are blogging more.

Anonymous said...

That was really cool Tom! Great photos of course... I love them!
JZ

.:tomas flint:. said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
.:tomas flint:. said...

thanks guys! It really was a great day!