Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Happy Happy Joy Joy

Hey Hey!!!

I am moments away from leaving for my last wedding assignment of 2007 - A New Year's Eve celebration for Carrie & Alan in Syracuse, NY. What an incredible year it has been! From my very core, I am thankful for the couples who have touched my soul, the peers that have encouraged and lifted my spirit and the friends & family who have supported me throughout the year. I am so eternally freekin grateful and excited about the prospect of 2008. Onward and upward.

In late October of 2007, my dear friend Kenny Kim invited me to join him for a destination wedding in sunny Paradise Island in the Bahamas. It was a magical experience. Also included on the vendor list for that event was an extremely talented DJ from Chicago by the name of Roberto Monastero. Now up until this point, I had never really thought much about the roll of Wedding DJ. I am usually too busy throughout the day to stop and notice the impact that a DJ can have on a wedding reception. Kinda silly, huh?? Well, working with Roberto opened my eyes and consciousness. Roberto is not just a guy that spins tunes...he lives to spin tunes. He is an artist who's passion and drive is undeniable. ...and his skills, unmatched. A consummate professional and kindred spirit. What a party that reception was!!!

((Flash Forward)) Yesterday I received an email from Roberto that he had sent to his entire contact list announcing the official release of the images from that wedding. I was so touched by the words that he used in his closing paragraph:

"I have done too many wedding receptions with average come-and-go photographers, but these two gentlemen [kenny and tomas] are hands down, the best I have ever worked with."

Thank you for your kind words Roberto and know that the feeling is mutual. I look forward to working with you again soon, my friend.

Here is a link to the slideshow that Kenny Kim put together from that wonderful long weekend. There are quite a few images in there so please be patient as it loads. It is worth the wait, I assure you!!!

In closing this last blog from 2007, I want to once again wish you all nothing but smiles and sunshine in the upcoming year. May your hearts be full of love, your bellies full of grub and your world full of promise.

Cheers,
t

2 comments:

kelli marsh said...

08 is already showing promise of a super fantastic year. good things are all around us! happy new year you.

Unknown said...

Watch out 2008...here we come!!!! all the best my friend!