Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Blog-vember Continues. Hangin' w Neil.

Hey Hey.

So...tell me...how is Blog-vember treating everyone?? Good times...good times. The weather in Rochester has changed its tune to that of winter and so bundled up in the studio with a wool hat on my head and teeth chattering uncontrollably I write to you all. It has been some time since I've posted about a wedding so I feel that now is as good a time as any to do so.

A few weeks back I had the privilege of working Mr. Neil. Cowley. Visual. Artist. on Beth & Wade's Rochester wedding. Neil is a super-talented guy and a good friend, and I feel blessed to have had to opportunity to work with him. Thanks for the experience Neil...I hope that we can do it again soon.

As for Beth & Wade...what a great couple. Extremely gracious, patient and loving...thank you both so much for giving us your trust and energy. It was a fantastic day!

Neil sent me to hang with the guys in the early part of the day, so that is where my story begins. Here are some of my favorites:


Before we get into that though...

I've been playing around with textures lately and wanted to present a few details from that day in textured form. These first three (3) are experimental images that I find fun to look at and a bit of a deviation from my signature style. I'd love to hear feedback so bring it. Remember, it's Blog-vember. That's what Blog-vember is for!!!


OK...back to the day. Thanks for your feedback!
Wade's parents had such a unique home. I really enjoyed taking the tour and hearing the stories behind some of these pieces.





cheers guys!!!
I couldn't fight the temptation here. "...and that's the way we became the wadey bunch." C'mon.to the church...the historic Chapel Hill Church on Prince Street in Rochester's Art District.






The reception was held at the Casa Larga Vineyards in Victor, NY. As always, the room looked outstanding and the attention to detail was impeccable.

before guests...
...with guests.
love those tuxedo strawberry guys. how can you not?!?!


here's a concept piece...circa early 90's selective color. has a retro sort of charm, no??
and finally, some snaps of Neil wooing his clients and rockin' out as the night drew to a close.


Rock on Brother. So much fun!!!

So that's it for this blog-tastic installment. Please check back all Blog-vember long for exciting tales, decent imagery and all around good times. Remember about the itunes gift card giveaway!!! And don't forget to sign up to receive update announcements right to your mailbox. It's spam free and an easy way to keep up with the life and times. Just enter your email address in the Feedblitz box along the right side of this window and BAM...you're in.

Till next time...
blog on bloggers.

All the Best,
t

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, you have to have a blog-vember every month! I love it! I get so excited to see what is coming next!!! Thank you for keeping me happy! Let see some of those Nassau pictures soon? I can't wait! Keep up the awesome work and the super fantastic firedupness!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tom! LOVE that second textured image. The grit and grime is fabulous. The color is great too. Very sexy, kinda dark/sexy. The first is a little too uniform, crinkled-paper-bag-esque for my taste, but kuddos on stepping out of your never boring Tombox! :)
Love ya!
Sophia

Holritz Photography said...

I also love the second texture... good stuff.

hugs!

a

kennykimdotcom said...

Great job w/ blogging my friend. once you get into it, it's fun isn't it? I love the second image. First image is great as well although I personally would tone down the text a bit on that image - but that's just me. Otherwise the angle of that shot is great as well.

Keep them coming!

kelli marsh said...

gotta love the wade-y bunch! these are awesome, especially the first two. keep bloggin baby.

Melissa Rich said...

love your stuff...especially lately!! you are rockin' it!! and the textures are so fun!! adds a great element to your images!!
ROCK ON!!

.:tomas flint:. said...

you know what gets me the most fired up? ...noticing all of the fantastic exclamation points that you guys are leaving behind!!! That just makes me so excited!!! wow!!! you guys stay fired up and I promise to do the same!!! I love you all!!! New post coming tonight!! Stay Tuned!!

Anonymous said...

hey Tom! great angles! that exit shot is killer!

I especially think that other photographer guy looks pretty cute . . .

Anonymous said...

Selective color? Man. Selective color. I can't believe you're bringin' sexy back. :D (It works well for the shot.)

I love all the images -- fabulous too!