Visual Ramblings: the chronicles of tomas flint - visual explorer.

Enthusiastic observer of light, love & all things living.

Greetings beautiful blog people. Welcome to the newly renovated visual:ramblings. Here you'll find stories of love, tid-bits of wisdom and visual ramblings detailing the life and times of yours truly. The idea here is not to simply showcase my work, but to establish and maintain an interactive environment where readers and contributors become one in the same - as this space does not belong to me, but to all who breathe life into it through reading, embracing and reacting to its visual randomness. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your visit and look forward to a wonderful journey together.

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Shine on

Hello World!

I was sitting in the studio this afternoon sorting through images from Jina & Joe's wondrously beautiful wedding in the Bahamas last month and I just wasn't feelin it. "How can this be??" I thought, "look at the beauty that your eyes have seen". "Get fired up, would ya??". Somehow, I had arrived at a state of inexplicable and unprovoked funk. Did you ever have one of those days??

Well, at that very moment, this happened:
Call it divine intervention, dumb luck...whatever you will, but the light that illuminated the room at that very moment was undeniably rejuvenating. Golden and warm and ooey gooey. I could actually feel my spirit being lifted...it was pure magic. Maybe I'm making more out of this than it really is, but for me it was a clear illustration of the power that one moment in time can possess. So often we get caught up reliving the events of our past or forecasting those of our future, that we miss what is all around us. ...and what is all around us can make all of the difference.

OK...I'll get off my soapbox now. But not before I leave you with an image that I captured from the fortune I received after dinner 2 nights ago at PF Changs. I usually don't put a lot of stock in these little 'wisdoms', but this one got my attention and is relevant to this post.
I hope that you are all enjoying what you have at this very moment, and enjoying it with all that you are.

Much Love,
t

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I hope you do get off your soap box and post those bahama mama pics, cause now like always you have me wanting more.....Get fired up tommy t... seriously! I need my blogvember fix, this worked... but now i want to see that sweet wedding you were talking about...
come on... Do you need me to send some sunshine your way? Ok hold on... uhm... yep there is goes....

David Burke said...

So true brother. That fortune cookie says it all. We really need to stop. breathe. soak it in. life is short. we are blessed! Hope you are well cant wait to see you again.

David
BTW - Onelight was AWESOME!

Melissa Rich said...

That's great!! Thanks for that reminder O'Fortunate one :) ha ha get it..ok, I know that was lame! But It's fun so that's what counts right!! I love what you're doing lately!!! I am so stoked for you!!
When you comin' back to Colorado? We'll have to arrange a shoot out ;)

Anonymous said...

I've been stuck in a nasty bog of funk myself. During times like this I am reminded of some great SNL wisdom ...just "ride the snake". All funks will pass, even this one.

kelli marsh said...

Even on dark days, you shine bright and spread it all around. I love that about you.

Frank DiMeo said...

Niiiiiiiicce Tomas!
Your images are rocking too, like always.

This is from a fortune cookie I cracked open recently. "The memory of bad quality lasts longer than the shock of high prices."
I might have to follow your lead and do a post on it too.
Looking forward to seeing you some time soon!